6. Summary and Sugestion

6.1 Purpose of Practicum

       The purpose of the practicum that I did was none other than to develop my technique or teaching ability globally besides learning about the cultures that exist in foreign schools where I practice. In general, this program aims at developing the quality of teaching as a teacher in developing science and technology as well as the pendagogik available to each prospective teacher as well as being a role model for local teachers to be able to take responsibility well in their obligations.

6.2 Procedures of Practicum

       The practicum procedure is divided into 4 steps. The first step is observation. Observation is an activity to review things in the school, ranging from general information about school, attitudes and behavior of students, academic support system, extracurricular activities of students, grading system, pedagogical system applied by the school, and teacher’s method of teaching.
      The second step is Teaching Assistant ship. Teaching Assistance is carried out with the cooperating teacher based on their respective subjects. The cooperating teacher will provide guidance and direction to teach in the classroom. This can be done by looking at the cooperating teacher’s teaching process, exploring how the teacher provides material, methods used, time management and classroom management. The cooperating teacher will also assist in developing lesson plans. I can also consult about effective methods to attract students’ attention. this process becomes one of the keys to success for our teaching practice.
        The third step is Teaching Experience. This step is a very awaited thing and becomes the core activity of the practicum.
     The fourth step is evaluation and reflection. Evaluation will be done once or twice during the implementation of teaching practice. Evaluations will be carried out by mentors and cooperating teachers. After being evaluated, the mentor and tutor teacher will reflect on the evaluation results to the participants. This is so that participants get feedback to improve and do bette
6.3 Outcomes of Practicum

         This practice provides a lot of experience and knowledge that is valuable to me, I feel various benefits such as my developing science and pedagogic development. besides this program gives me a sense of family and affection among others. besides that I got a lot of valuable experience, got lots of new friends, new families and new homes, namely CLSU USHS.

6.4 The Challenges of Practicum

        I have various problems in the practice that I live in, which I consider to be a challenge for me. a kind of lesson plan that is different from the lesson plan that I usually make and teach using English which is not my mother tongue, another challenge is that I have to be innovative and creative in teaching. But thank God, I could pass everything smoothly.

6.5 Overall Impression

         My impression was that while I was at CLSU USHS, the Phillipines were all good, there was no bad impression at all. This is because I consider this place (CLSU) to be my home. I have friends, family and people who love and care for me. The point is that while at CLSU USHS people always end up feeling a sense of family and mutual respect for each other, in my life I always want to be around such people.
6.6 Suggestion for Future Improvement


       My suggestion for the sea teacher program for the future, among others, is that in my opinion the duration of one month is very short in adding insight and teaching experience abroad, because the sea teacher is expected to be able to print high quality people. in addition, I hope that in the future this program can provide fully funded services for every student, because in my opinion there are very many qualified students who want to take part in this activity because they are constrained in their costs. But overall this activity is an activity that can contribute greatly to the world of education, especially regarding the printing of high-quality teachers in the future.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The lil Story

8. Farewell Party